** This post has affiliate links. They don’t change the price of an item for you, and they help me support my family. Thank you for your support**
I know. New Year’s Resolutions are so cliché and everyone hates them.
Well. I don’t.
Here’s the thing. I make goals all year. Every month I write down goals, and I work hard to achieve them. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t.
But I LOVE the energy around January’s goals. I love the fresh start. I love the emphasis on gyms and businesses and healthy and new. I love when people BETTER themselves. What the heck is wrong with someone wanting to better themselves, EVEN IF THEY ONLY DO IT FOR A WEEK. That’s way better than nothing right? And guess what. The more times you make the same goal, the more likely you are to actually REACH it.
So make those goals! I don’t care if you’ve made the same one for the last five years. THIS YEAR IS YOUR YEAR.
And this year is MY year. I mean, last year was my year too. And I’ll make next year my year as well. Because, well, I can. <<PS so can you>>
I’ve written about seven different lists to figure out what goals I REALLY want to work on this year. I figure if the same goal shows up over and over again, it’s one I want to work on. And I know that making my goals public will help me stay accountable.
SO here are my goals for this year!
– Read the entire standard works. I’ve never actually read the Bible cover to cover <shhhhh> but I plan on changing that this year. I started with the Book Of Mormon, and I plan on finishing it this month. I found a schedule for the Old and New Testament in 90 days and I think it looks very doable, so I plan on doing that next. Then it’ll just be the D&C and the Pearl of Great Price. I mean, if I can watch an entire Gilmore Girl’s season in a week, I can do this, and I think it’s going to make a HUGE difference in my year.
– Read a book about marriage every month. This month, I’m reading one called First Kill All The Marriage Counselors by Laura Doyle. I’m about half way through and really enjoying it. I plan on reading The Love Dare next. The rest of the year is still open, so if you have suggestions, drop a comment!
– Increase my at home income to $4000/month. This is my big. scary. goal. I’m currently around half of that at the moment, but I know I can do this. I also want to simplify my income streams at the same time. I’m currently taking any work I can get from multiple sources. I want to focus on a few (especially Beachbody coaching and being a virtual assistant) and build those streams up enough to reach this income goal. This goal has many goals inside of it, but this is the main goal as far as my business goes.
– More outdoor time. Especially this summer. Camping and swimming and hiking and enjoying.
– Pay off our car. We have $6000 left on it, but I want to get that debt gone this year. Also pay off credit cards, but they’re pretty low, so we should be able to do that quickly.
– Spend time learning how to code. I started this last year and I really enjoyed it. I want to spend just an hour a two a week on different tutorials and such so I can get better at building my own website and helping others.
– Homeschool both of my older kids next year. We go back and forth about the school situation but I think we’ve decided that next year will be another at home year, and I’m really excited about it.
– Lose 30 pounds. Because Christmas just destroyed my progress. But I’ll get it back!
– Finish Gilmore Girls. Because I’m on season 5 and I ain’t no quitter.
What are your goals for this next year? I’d love to hear about them!Share