My mother in law always gets compliments on her delicious potato salad. People say that they hate potato salad, but that they love her recipe. I figured that I better post that one up here, since I am focusing on family recipes.
She made it for my kid’s birthday party. It was a huge hit. Great for parties, potlucks, or at home dinners. It’s pretty easy to make, and doesn’t take many ingredients.
Here is what you need
- russet potatoes
- pickles (optional)
- olives (optional)
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
Here is what you do
- Peel and dice potatoes. I used about 5 medium sized russet potatoes and it made enough salad for six people. Put them in a pot with water to boil
|This is how small I cut them. I should have cut them smaller.|
- Hard boil eggs. I used six.
- Once the eggs are boiled, peel them and cut them and put them in a bowl.
- When the potatoes have boiled for about 15-20 minutes, get them out of the water and into the bowl with the hard boiled eggs
- put three big tablespoons full of mayonnaise in the bowl. Sorry this isn’t exact, you kind of just have to put it in until it looks good. I did four spoonfuls and it was too much.
- Squirt on a little bit of mustard. I don’t like to put on a lot of mustard, but some people like a lot of it.
- sprinkle the salad with lemon pepper, garlic salt, and oregano. Don’t go overboard, especially with the lemon pepper. But don’t skip any of these, either. They are all important.
- Mix everything up. I had to use a pastry cutter to cut the potatoes a little smaller.