This is another recipe given to me by a reader. It, like all the food I make, was delicious. (Okay, maybe this blog thing is going to my head). The same lady who gave me the recipe for Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies. I made this on a night that my husband went camping, because he hates lasagna (his loss.) This recipe was easy (thus the name), and I will definitely be making it again… next time he’s gone…
Here is what you need to make Easy Lasagna
1/2 lb hamburger
1 can spaghetti sauce (If you don’t have spaghetti sauce, don’t fear. Just keep reading)
1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
shredded mozzarella and colby jack cheese
salt and pepper
Here is what you do to make Easy Lasagna
|see. It really is pretty.|
- Turn on your oven to 375
- Brown your meat. Add a bunch of Italian seasoning.
- If you don’t have spaghetti sauce, do what I did. Grab whatever tomato based cans of food you do have in the house and mix them together with 1/2 of a sauteed onion. I had a jar of canned tomatoes, 1/2 can of tomato paste, and 1 can of tomato sauce. I just mixed it together with some onion and Italian seasoning and voila – spaghetti sauce
- Add 1/2 of your sauce to your meat (about 1 1/2 cups of sauce)
- In a separate bowl, mix your cottage cheese, egg, and salt and pepper. It makes a beautiful yellow mixture. Enjoy the beautifulness of your mixture.
- In a greased 9X9 pan, spoon a layer of your meat mixture, followed by a layer of cottage cheese, noodles, then cheese. Do that whole thing again.
- Top it off with the rest of the spaghetti sauce.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes. I did mine for 45 and it wasn’t quite done. But it was still delicious
Enjoy! And, if you make it, or like it, share it with a friend via google+, facebook, twitter, whatever. Just share it.