Bountiful Baskets is SUPER popular where I live. It’s an awesome co-op where you pay $15 and get a whole bunch of fruit & veggies. It is all non profit, but the participants are expected to help out once in awhile with the basket delivery. It’s great. Each week you get 5 different kinds of fruits and 5 different kinds of veggies, with various quantities of each type of fruit/veggies. You never know what you’re going to get. It’s really fun (I think). One thing that I get all the time though is summer squash. I never knew how to cook it, and it usually went to waste. Not anymore. Since I discovered this recipe, the summer squash is usually the first thing I eat out of my basket. Serious, it’s that good.
Here is what you need:
So here is what you do:
- 2 Tablespoons oil (coconut, olive, or canola)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Squash
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- Cut your onion and squash into small pieces
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat
- Put your squash and onions in the pan and cook, covered for five minutes.
- After five minutes, stir and put the lid back on for another five minutes.
- Add the brown sugar
- Cook with the lid on for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.