This post contains affiliate links. It doesn’t change the price for you, but it helps me support my family and this blog. Thank you for your support!
So you just bought an Instant Pot and now you MUST have all the accessories. After all, you heard how great poached eggs in the Instant Pot are, and you MUST have cheese cake. I mean, cheese cake is essential.
Your instant pot came with EVERYTHING you need to start cooking. But if you want to get fancy, there are a few things that are handy to have.
1. A glass lid. This is used when making yogurt, using the crockpot setting, and making popcorn. (yes, you can make popcorn in your pressure cooker)
2. A yogurt strainer. I don’t always strain my yogurt, because I’m not a huge fan of super thick yogurt, but this little appliance makes it really easy to strain it if you prefer Greek yogurt, or what to make a cream cheese like spread from the yogurt.
3. A thermometer. It’s a good idea to have one of these handy when you’re making yogurt.
4. A pan. A spring form pan is needed to make cheese cake, lasagna, meatloaf, anything like that. Anything that can go in the oven can also go in the Instant Pot, so if you already have oven safe pans, there is no need to buy one.
5. An extra pot. Again, not necessary, but handy!
6. An extra sealing ring. Sometimes, the seal can take on the flavors of the foods it cooks. Not a big deal if you’re always cooking savory foods, but who wants a cheese cake that tastes like chicken?? Make sure you get the seal that is made by Instant Pot or your warranty will be voided.
7. Silicone Egg Poacher Cup. Yes, silicone can go in the Instant Pot as well. I’m not a big fan of poached eggs but apparently they are AMAZING and extremely easy in the Instant Pot.
8. Instant Pot Accu SV800 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator. This allows you to cook things in a bag, in water. It’s a French style of cooking and is supposed to make meat taste amazing. I haven’t invested in one of these yet, but I want to!
9. A steamer basket. Steaming things like veggies is a little easier in a basket. It’s also needed if you want to make dulce de leche without even opening the can of sweetened condensed milk.
10. Tongs to grab your hot pan. It’s just easier to grab out of the pot with these bad boys!
Those are my ten recommendations! Do you have an accessory that you love to use in your Instant Pot? Share in the comments below!Share