A few days ago, my husband and I realized we had a ward party that night and we had nothing to take to it! It was a finger food party, so we wanted to whip something up that would be delicious, but we really didn’t want to go to the store. So we did a quick inventory of the ingredients we had on hand, and we came up with idea to do chicken cordon bleu bites. I was very excited with the way they turned out.
I was also excited about how easy it was to make. It didn’t take us long at all to make it and it was a huge hit at the party. So! Here is what we did:
Cut chicken breasts up into strips and pound them out. You might find it easier to pound the chicken before you cut it. Whatever works for you.
Once the chicken is cut in strips, place a piece of ham and a piece of Swiss cheese on the chicken strip. We then rolled the strip up and put a tooth pick through it to hold it all together.
Once you have it all rolled up, dip each piece in a bowl of whipped eggs. Then dip each piece in a bowl of seasoned bread crumbs (I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs). Then, place each piece on a baking sheet that is lined with aluminum foil. Cook at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Chicken Breasts, pounded flat and cut into strips
- Slices of ham
- Slices of Swiss cheese
- Seasoned Bread crumbs
- Tooth picks
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pound chicken breasts flat and cut into strips
- Place Swiss cheese and ham on chicken strip.
- Roll up and secure with toothpick
- Dip in bowl of whipped eggs
- Dip in bowl of bread crumbs
- Place each roll on to baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes