Three weeks down of the 12 week exercise challenge! How are you all doing? Getting those running muscles built up yet? You should have run 18.5 miles now and you’ll run another 7 this week. You can do it! Because you’re awesome. If I’m not mistaken, sometime this week is when you’ll realize how freeing running can be. I never thought I’d feel that way, but by my third or fourth week running, I totally understood what everyone was talking about when they went on and on about how much they loved running.
I thought I’d share an awesome healthy recipe that I created this week. I love this because it’s loaded with good-for-you foods. If you want the nutritional information for this recipe, click the magic button!
Plus it tastes yummy 🙂
If you’ve never cooked quinoa before, you should read this post. It gives an overview of what it is and how to cook it.
By the way, if you’re participating in the 100 mile summer challenge, be sure to use the hash code #100milesummer so we can give each other some support!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 1/2 of a jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 2 avocados
- Cook the quinoa in the water and bouillon cube
- chop the tomato and jalapeno into very small pieces
- mix the quinoa, tomatoes and jalapeno in a bowl
- chill in the fridge for at least one hour
- drizzle lime juice over quinoa
- spread a dash of salt over the quinoa
- split avocados in two and get the pit out
- place a scoop of the quinoa on the avacados
- enjoy 🙂