Hey all! I’ve joined up with a bunch of other bloggers in a Crazy Ingredient Challenge.
Each month, all the bloggers will be given two different ingredients that wouldn’t normally go together and the idea is to make a recipe using both ingredients. It’s a fun way to meet other bloggers and give myself a challenge in the kitchen.
This month, the first ingredient was chocolate. The second ingredient – cauliflower. I am NOT a fan of cauliflower. I decided the only way I could make this work is if I could figure out a way to hide the cauliflower in the recipe. So I opted for baking. I made a bread type recipe using the cauliflower and chocolate chips. I used apple sauce too instead of eggs, so it turned out a little moist. I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of it, but my two and one year old LOVE it. Anyway to get vegetables in em, right?
Check out the other cauliflower and chocolate recipes that were created for this challenge:
- 1.5-2 cups cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil cauliflower until soft (10-15 minutes). Mash it and set aside.
- Mix soften butter, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix.
- Spray a bread pan with cooking spray and pour in batter.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.